22 March, 2017

Evening Routine


This is the part of the day when I need things to be simple and calm. A while back, I was having problems sleeping. Nights were broken, and I did not get restful sleep. A number of things changed; perhaps one of the biggest was that I stopped trying to go to sleep straight after using my computer for hours. Instead I would take time away from screens, and allow myself time to wind down and slow down.

My evening routine starts just over an hour and a half before I want to go to sleep.  It is:
  • tidy the sitting room
  • take dirty mugs, plates and glasses through to the kitchen
  • tidy the kitchen
  • put away laundry (if not already done)
  • lay out clothes for the morning
  • get in pjs
  • put dirty clothes in laundry basket, and air clothes that can be worn again
  • check my calendar for upcoming events
  • sit in bed and craft whilst listening to an audio book
Written out, it looks like a lot, but flows, and is a gentle wind down. It gets me ready for bed and for sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment