04 May, 2023

Winning One Million


A young man kept a secret that he had won £99,000 on a quiz show until his family watched it on television. This set my mind thinking about what I would do if I won a decent amount of money, let's say £1,000,000.

After our recent trip to the Chinese restaurant, I would book the restaurant for an evening, and having a banquet prepared, everything gluten-free. At least half of the food would be vegan.

My next spend would be to repay of the business loan, and then clear the mortgage on the house. Neither has much left to pay, but it would be good to have a clean slate.

Quickly, there would be some handmade shoes. My current shoes need replacing, and it would be an utter joy to have shoes made specifically for my weirdly shaped feet.

I'd like to buy a retirement cottage, somewhere by the sea, but at a safe distance from it. We'd move into it whilst renovating our current house. When the current house has been completed, we'd move back home and lease out the retirement cottage. Friends and family would be able to stay for free.

There would also be gifts to family, friends and charities. 

If I were to win £10,000,000, the dreams would be even bigger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment