05 May, 2023

Busy Day



Perhaps 10 to 10 at night is not the best time for me to try and write. It's been a long week, and I'm tired. However, the hardest part is switching on the computer, and putting fingertips to the keyboard. And that's already been done, so I might as well carry on.

Today's entry is much more of a blog post. A lovely friend returned to the home after the Easter break. They had returned with a chest infection. However, that infection soon turned out to also be Covid.

I offered to bring round some food and supplies. When asked what they might like the answer was VITAMINS! and also "I have no sense of taste just now." Therefore, I went for some homecooked meals I had in the freezer, some 'shove it in the oven' stuff, fresh veggies, and textural foods. 

It was lovely putting together a hamper of different foods that will sustain and nourish, and also foods that will give a little bit of interest whilst their tastebuds are not cooperating.

Our friend was delighted with the hamper, and felt loved. They so wanted to give a big hug, but Covid hugs aren't really a good idea. We'll save the hugs for when they are well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment