27 May, 2023

Self-sabotage


"Self-sabotage is when we say we want something and then go about making sure it doesn't happen."

Yup, that sounds about right. I was getting really excited about the crocheted jacket I'm making. The two halves have been joined, and I'm now about 85% done. It should be perfectly possible to finish it this bank holiday weekend.

So, why have spent hours watching silly videos on facebook instead of finishing it? Self-sabotage, and perfectionism. If I don't finish it, then I still have the chance to improve on it, and make it perfect. If I finish it, that's it done, and it is what it is (and everyone will be able to see 'how badly' I made it). But if I don't finish, then it's just another partially completed project, another failure.

Perhaps it's time to get on with it, and finish this jacket. This jacket I was so excited to try on this morning. I want this jacket. I've put in hours of work. I want to wear it. Yes! Let's stomp on the perfectionism and self-sabotage. I can do this, and I can do it well!


No comments:

Post a Comment