01 May, 2023

Chinese Food!


Oooh! That was good!

It has been a struggle to find a  restaurant on my little island that makes gluten-free Chinese food. At last, we have found such a place. A couple of places say they can, but within 30 minutes of leaving, I know I have ingested gluten.

Before last night, it was over three years since I last had Chinese food. It was a lovely buffet restaurant in Gloucester, the Shanghai Restaurant. It was joy to be able to eat wonderful food, and know that it was safe.

Last night was another moment of loveliness.   When I contacted then restaurant, they explained they do an especially through cleaning of the kitchen, change the frying oil to ensure it gluten-free. Because of this, they said they like to have 24 hours notice to create a good experience.

I so enjoyed my sweet and sour chicken. I was in a happy little bubble. And the best thing, no cross contamination. It was just wonderful. We shall be returning for a birthday celebration.


No comments:

Post a Comment