09 May, 2023

Not Perfect

 

One of the things I really struggle with is perfection. I'll claim that I used to struggle with it in the past, but I've learned to be more forgiving. Whilst that is true, to an extent, it's truth is sometimes limited to intellectual knowledge, and not lived experience.

After completing 20 or so days of this challenge, I fell. I crashed and burned. I stuffed up beyond all hope of picking up the shattered pieces... Yeah, sure. It's amazing that when the Beloved was ill I was quick to reassure him that his challenge wasn't in tatters, and that being ill doesn't mean he has failed; he can just pick up from where he left off. 

And the problems of extending the same grace to myself are huge. I wasn't feeling terribly fantastic, and I totally forgot about my challenge. I missed one day, and in my mind this equated to 'crashing and burning'.

There are definitely times I need to be far kinder to myself. Especially so when it is a self-chosen challenge that doesn't impact anyone in any way.

Be kind. Be kind to yourself. Hold yourself to the same standard as you extend to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment