01 October, 2018

September Goals - Review


September's goals were:
  • regrow fingertip
  • make as many hats as possible
  • declutter every day
  • exercise every day
  • finish Ducky quilt
My fingertip is looking a huge deal better. The good/painful thing is that I'm regrowing the nerve endings. When my finger tip is bashed it is incredibly painful. It no longer needs a dressing to keep it clean as it's all healed over, but the padding can be very, very welcome. I'm finding I keep that finger curled up and out of the way as much as possible. I'm having to stretch out the muscles and ligaments in that finger each day.

Normally, I would expect to make a full 26 hats in a hatathon. This year, I managed 15. That's quite respectable give my digital injury.

Decluttering started, and then stopped. It needs to re-start.

Likewise, the exercises started, went really well, and then stopped. It really does seem that as soon as I am ill my body says "Yeah, let's not to this any more." The exercises need to re-start too.

Hand quilting is just too difficult at the moment. It takes a certain amount of strength to pull a needle through the layers of fabric and batting. The Ducky Quilt will not appear on the October goals, but will reappear in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment