02 October, 2018

My Fantasy Workroom


This photograph makes me so happy! The giant balls of merino yarn make the place look like the set of the Borrowers.

But, the most wonderful part of it is it's clean, it's clear, it's clutter-free, there's good light, and lots of room to work! 

The lovely light is great, and the sofa looks so inviting. Very quickly the floor could be cleared to create a large space to lay out quilts, or lots of other larger projects. I like the kitchen area off to the side.

In my imagination, the area beyond the kitchen is a laundry room -  a place for a washer, dryer, brooms, cleaning supplies etc. You can set things running and then close the door.  I would like this in the house I am vaguely designing. I'd be happy for the space to be a corridor between the car entrance and the workroom. I'd also like a smaller, cosier space to sit at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment