31 October, 2018

Almost Finished Mitred Square Blanket


Four years ago, I started work on a mitred square blanket. It wasn't a main project, just a little side one to use up lots of little bits of sock yarn. The coloured yarns are random sock yarns, and the cream is King Cole Merino blend, 4ply. 

As I look at it, I think "Oh. those are the socks I made for the Elder Offspring going off to university." "Those bright little rainbows, that was used to make a border on a baby jacket." The variegated purples - my favourite socks."  There's lots on knitting memories tied up in this blanket.

My intention was to wash and then block it on the floor in the bathroom, but my blocking mat is not large enough, and I don't have enough pins. Then I thought to steam is, but I can't get things straight. The new plan is to dry it on the radiator today, and then on Saturday, I'll new pins, and block it on the floor of the guest room. When it's been blocked, I'll take a photograph.

It feels great to get another long-term project completed, well, apart from blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment