11 June, 2023

You've Got to Try This, It's Amazing


A number of years ago, I was sitting on the sofa, knitting, and listening to an audiobook. A strange noise could be heard coming from the kitchen. It took me a moment to understand the strangeness. There was a lapping sound, but no 'ting'.

Ava had a metal dog tag on her collar. When she was drinking water from her bowl there would be a few 'tings' - the metal of the dog tag gently striking the metal of her bowl. But this particular day, there was no 'ting'.

I got up and went to investigate. 

In the kitchen, there was fully grown Northern Inuit standing on her hind legs, lapping away at the lasagna I'd just finished preparing. All of the white sauce, and cheese had been licked off the surface. 

Ava turned, looked at me, and the message in her eyes was, "You've got to try this! It's amazing." 

No comments:

Post a Comment