03 June, 2023

A Little More Mg?

Magnesium is wonderful. Magnesium is great. However, it can result in a dire rear, and I have been living with this for months. I decided to try to reduce the amount of magnesium I take. 

For one week, I reduced the amount by an eighth. That seemed to be working, and so I dropped another eighth, and that's when the problems started. First it was not being able to sleep for longer than around two hours at a time. Next was the build up of a headache at the base of the brain stem. This was followed by muscle cramps, and lastly a full blown migraine. 

When I realised what was happening, I bumped up the dose again. Last night I slept for 7 hours in row, and even managed to have little snooze again afterward. Today I'm feeling like me for the for the first time in a while.  It's rather brilliant.

A thinking brain, being able to sleep, and being pain free definitely is more important to me than having a dire rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment