05 June, 2023

Daisies, Aquilegia and Foxglove


My front garden is a riot of pinks, purples, and blue, with the occasional tall white daisies too. Last year I sowed the seeds of wildflowers, and there was very little to see. The aquilegia seemed to dominate.

However, this year as well as the 
aquilegia there is foxgloves, and large daisies. Unfortunately, there's also some nettles. And this is where I am swithering. Nettles are not a good plant for a traditional garden, but they help the wildlife so much, and are great soil improvers.

In pots, there's ceanothus and lavender. It's a beautiful wash of soft colours. 

Once the summer is over, we'll put in some autumn pansies and also some spring bulbs. I'm going for whites and yellows - snowdrops, tulips and daffodils.  

The garden this year seeded itself, and I'm hoping it will continue to do so. The bulbs should come up time and time again. There should just be a little spring and autumn tidy required.

No comments:

Post a Comment