01 March, 2020

Happy St David's Day


Happy St David's Day! Leeks, daffodils, dragons, and all things Welsh. And for my elder offspring, Stitch, "Mousey Cunta".

When Stitch was a little bit off her fourth birthday, she started learning about St David.  One of the songs she was learning was "Mawrth y cyntaf" (The First of March). This was mangled into 'Mousey cunta'. Each year, I remember the cute little almost 4 year old, and wish her a 'Mousey cunta'.

As well as today being leeks, daffodils, dragons and all things Welsh, it is the start of Plastic Busters' March Challenge - pick up 3 pieces of plastic each day.

My first day out brought in quite a haul. It is so incredibly hard to stop at 3 things. Instead, I picked up plastic, paper, metal and cigarette butts. The largest item was a hub cap! 

I had a wonderful thought, I'd save up all of the litter, and photograph it at the end of the month. The Beloved vetoed that brilliant idea. His reasons were hygiene and smell. Pathetic!  (But also right, which makes it worse.) My collection was photographed and tossed in the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment