08 March, 2020

Carrot Cake

Ingredients
285g self raising flour
340g sugar
2 tsp baking powder
85g flaked almonds or chopped nuts
3 tsp ground cinnamon
0.5 tsp ground ginger
300ml sunflower oil
285g grated carrots
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla


Method
Place all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the oil, eggs, vanilla and carrots, one ingredient at a time, mixing well between additions. Pour into a baking tray (30x20cm, and bake at 180C for 40 mins.

Notes
The original recipe called for 2 tsp of ground ginger. This was way, way too much for my tastes, and I have knocked it back to half a teaspoon instead. 

The first time, I make carrot cake I used chopped cashews. That was all I had available. They were okay, just. The second time, I used pecans, and that has worked a great deal better.

No comments:

Post a Comment