27 March, 2020

Gardening and Laundry


A friend dropped off some strawberry plants yesterday. The Ava loves them, and thinks the addition of a salad bar to the garden is awesome. Today’s task is to find a place where I can put the strawberries away from the canine snacker! 

Decluttering proper is happening in the laundry room. I’m now up to four half-used cans of paint to go out, along with various random bits and pieces. The plan had been to declutter, clean and then to tidy, but I’m now seriously considering adding painting onto the to-do list. Most of the room is tiled, so it will be a little bit of wall, a the ceiling. The room is small, and the ceiling low. It is something I could manage by myself. 

After Covid-19, I’m going to have to Belfast sink, dishwasher and washing machine removed. The washing machine is 16 years old, and is starting to make weird noises. We’ll put down some new flooring. A new washing machine will be bought, to match the dryer. The dryer isn’t current in that room as there’s no space. I’ll have a bench top put in above the washer and dryer (both front loaders), and this will provide a lovely surface for sorting and folding laundry. 

The laundry opens off the mud room, and it’s in the mudroom where the dryer is just now. It’s also where my husband stores his Civil Defence/mountain rescue kit, in boxes on top of the dryer. When the boxes have been newly tidied it looks great, but the rest of the time it gets rather messy. When the dryer has moved, I’ll get a clothes rail, and his kit will have a dedicated space. There will be a hanging rack, a place for boots and shoes, and also a couple of boxes (hard hard hat, ruck sack etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment