24 February, 2019



This beautiful crochet block was made by Celine using Terrazzo Afghan by Tinna Thórudóttir Thorvaldsdóttir. The pattern is available on Ravelry.

After staring at its beauty for a few minutes, I realised it was a variation of the Optical Illusion Zig Zag Blanket I made last year. This wonderful design is fully within my grasp!

A few moments later, several balls of yarn appeared in my Deramores shopping basket. They looked a tad lonely, and a few more jumped in too. That's when I realised the yarn, Deramores Studio DK, was 15% off. It struck me, if I took it up to £40, I could get free shipping.  Then a little realisation kicked in, I had a 15% off voucher. In the end, I ordered 24 balls of yarn. Last week, it would have been £48, but today, it was £34. 

I started this year 'cold sheeping' (not buying yarn). With the yarns Dorothy and Cat gave me, I needed some neutrals to enable the yarn to become hats. Ten balls were bought, and now and additional 24. This destashing exercise is not quite going to plan. No more yarn until after Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment