14 February, 2019

A Clean Loo and Sink


After taking "The Four Tendencies" test, I bought the book, "Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives", by Gretchen Rubin. It has proved to be rather interesting. One of the observations is habits work best when you don't have to think about them or make decisions. Doing things without conscious thought is a huge deal easier, and means they are more likely to be done. Another idea is to tag a new habit on to an existing one.

Over the last week I have amended my morning and evening 'rituals'. Each morning I waken, and fairly soon need to use the loo. I've now tied in to this need the habits of swishing the loo brush around the loo. When I wash my hands I also brush my teeth, and wipe the sink. These cleaning tasks take but a few seconds, but are making a noticeable difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment