06 February, 2019

Viners Bead Cutlery


When we got married, just over 25 years ago, we received two sets of cutlery. One we used every day, and over time had to start supplementing as items were damaged or lost. The second set was 'kept for best'. Recently, I noticed the every day cutlery was a horrible mish-mash of so many different styles and sizes. I was on the verge of buying a new set of every day cutlery, but I couldn't find something I really liked.

Then a little thought hit me, "You already have a set you like. It's a good weight without being too heavy, nor too big." I made the decision to replace a missing dessert spoon, and three missing teaspoons. This was then extended into taking everything up to an 8 person service. Well, I say 8 person, but really, it can be used for more as there's a table knife and fork, a dessert knife, fork and spoon, a soup spoon and a teaspoon in each setting. My preference is for the dessert knife and fork, and a teaspoon. I'm happy to use a soup spoon when having soup. I'd be quite happy to serve 12 people with this cutlery set.

Tomorrow I'll clear out the old mish-mash, clean the drawer, and put in place the 'best'. It brings me joy to see a matched set, even when some are new, bright and shiny, and others are 25 years old, and the lustre has been worn off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment