23 February, 2019

Free Motion Quilting Workshop


For ages, I have wanted to learn how to free motion quilt. I was incredibly sad when I learned the Quilting Guild was organising a pair of workshops, but it was all booked up. Then, such joy was mine when I was informed someone had dropped out and a place was available!

Three hours (including breaks) of quilting later, and I have made significant improvement on my first attempts at home. I learned big stitches means you're going too slowly, and tiny stitches you aren't going quickly enough. This really is a "practise, practise, practise" thing. The time must be spent learning the skills, and the muscle coordination.

At the end of the session, it felt like I had been in the gym for three hours! My plan is to practise every day, and work on my skills.  I can see so many ways I want to use it, but a great deal of practise is required. It would be great to be able to show the tutor the improvement I'm hopping to make by next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment