14 October, 2017

What's under your bed?


Clutterbug's October Decluttering challenge is to declutter under the bed. This is an area I have already done, and maintain.

Under my bed are suitcases and a box of charity knits I have finished, but haven't yet donated. Once a week, when I sweep the bedroom, I shove the brush under and get out as much hair, dust and fluff as I can. Then at the start of each month, everything is moved and the area under the bed given a deep clean. This was delayed by a week this month so it would be done just before our guests arrived.

Due to having guests, there were a few tasks I hadn't completed (freezer, junk drawer and medicines/toiletries). Today, I sorted through the first aid kit and toiletries. That area is looking good. I should say though, that these guests have been fantastic - they fitted into family life so well. It was an absolute pleasure to have them.

13. dresser drawers
14. under bed

My clothes drawers are were done recently, and I've adopted the habit of tidying them as I put clothes away. It's part of the new mentality of  'little and often' and 'make it a bit better than before'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment