18 October, 2017

Clutterbug's Declutterings

The October Challenge continues:

15. closet
16. shoes
17. purses, bags and totes
18. memorabilia
19. children's toys
20. children's clothes 

I'm claiming that all of these are done. The reality is that once I have posted this, I shall be nipping off upstairs to check my wardrobe. I think it's calm and decluttered, but I can't say for absolute definite. However, if it isn't, it will be. 

My shoes and footware is a very minimal area. There's a pair of shoes that's almost ready to be retired, but I am still wearing them. Perhaps by the end of the month they will have left the building for the last time.

I'm not big bag person - maybe four handbag, and a couple of shopping bags. There are a couple of bags in my wardrobe I haven't used in at least a year, but I still like them. My every day hand bag is probably too 'office' for my current life, and I need to switch things around.

Memorabilia is not something I really hang onto. There's a couple of soft toys that belonged to my children, a TARDIS lunch box, and a piece of paper that says 'SOUP' (there's a story behind that). Each of these things makes me smile.

Apart from a couple of soft toys that belonged to the children and a few baby clothes, it's totally up to them whether they keep their old toys and clothes. My rule is that I don't declutter other people's belongings. It's their stuff, they have the right to keep it or let it go.

Tasks I haven't yet done are 'freezer' and 'junk drawer'. These will get done before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment