03 October, 2017

Decluttering the Dining Room, and the Clutterbug Challenge

The decluttering of the dining room continues. The Beloved has started painting the 'institutional green' walls white. It looks so much better, even with just one coat on two of the wall. The goal is to have three walls double coated by the weekend, and many items decluttered too. 

There's a huge amount of unsorted paperwork in there. I've gone through about half of it, deciding what needs to be kept and what can be ditched. At a later date, I'll go through the papers and file them. 

Amongst the items leaving the house today were four dining room chairs. We had two sets, (six and four) and didn't need that many. There's six chairs, and if we need more, there's two study chairs, a piano stool and a kitchen stool. We are not short on seating.

I've been taking part in the Clutterbug Challenge - 30 decluttering tasks for October. The first was decluttering under the sink. That's where I keep my pots and pans, and they were recently decluttered. Instead, I looked to the laundry room as that's where we keep the cleaning supplies. Yesterday was food containers, and today was bakeware and dishes. Since Christmas, I have been on the look out to replace our chipped every day plates. Today, it happened! Out with the old, and in with the new.


No comments:

Post a Comment