27 October, 2017

The Lonely Heart Attack Club


I am thoroughly enjoying The Lonely Heart Attack Club. It's written by local author, J C Williams. It's a story of love, of romance, OAP Mario cart, and an elderly stalker being hit in the back of the head with a fish.

The start of the book was a bit slow, and I found Jack to be rather cringe worthy. He felt grey and lifeless in the UK, but arriving back in the Isle of Man he blossomed and became real (rather like The Wizard of Oz - everything was in black and white until Dorothy arrived in Oz). 

Jack is a bit of a habit of getting into scrapes from time to time (cf the elderly stalker being hit by a fish). However, he dreams big, and works to make life better for many people.  It just doesn't quite go smoothly. 

The only problem is the story is on my Kindle, and it's currently out of power! I wanna find out what happens!

-----

I've just realised I'm reading the second one first! That might explain why it took a little while to get into it. The book I'm reading is The Lonely Heart Attack Club: Wrinkly Olympics. I've had to pause the Kindle as I was having problems breathing, and my ribs were aching from laughter. There are some people who have a knack of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time, but with the best of intentions - that's Jack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment