11 July, 2023

Shark Attack!


"Hello, Mrs Dixon?  It's Oakwood Primary School."

"I'm afraid there's been a little incident in school today. Maria was bitten. The skin hasn't been broken, but there will be bruising. She is tearful, but okay."

"No, no. she says she'll be fine and she doesn't need you to come to school to pick her up. Currently she is comforting the child who bit her. We just wanted to let you know what's happened."

That's pretty much how the conversation with the school administrator went. The conversation with Maria was a little different.

"Yes, I'm fine," said in a confused tone, after all the biting incident was a whole 90 minutes ago. 

"Oh!  That!  Last week were visited the Sea Life Centre, and decided to play  'Shark Attack! It was fun. We were swimming out beyond the Great Barrier Reef, and Julie attacked me. She grabbed my fin (holds up arm), and bit! Hard!  I cried, and Julie cried. She didn't realise she'd bitten me so hard. She was so sad I gave her cuddles and told her it was okay. Next time we play she is going to be a Basking shark, and not a Great White."

No comments:

Post a Comment