02 July, 2023

Rude Words!


A few years back, in the spring, we were driving in the countryside. By the road were glorious daffodils; a "thousand saw I at a glance, tossing their heads in sprightly dance."
And, I burst out laughing, then said, "Oooh, that was naughty, wasn't it." The others in the car looked over and asked for more information.

This is when I explained that I wanted to plant lots and lots of daffodil bulbs, enough bulbs to spell out rude words. A look of consternation crossed the Beloved's face, and he asked, "Which rude words?" Grinning, I explained I wanted to spell "rude words - R U D E  W O R D S".

They all laughed, and agreed that it was indeed naughty.

Each spring, whilst others might think wistfully of longer days, more light, and cherry blossom, I think of 'Rude Words'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment