21 July, 2023

New Hair Band


I've made a new hair band, and my curly locks are semi-contained. However, I now look like (well, my hair at least) Deanna Troi from Star Trek: Next Generation. It makes such a refreshing change not to be Hagrid, Weird Al, nor Maui.

The Beloved asked if the hair band will count in the "Made by Me" challenge. Let's see - I identified a need, I designed something to fill that need, and then made it. Yup, I'd say it counts. It doesn't matter it took only 30 minutes to make, I still made it. :o)

The hair band was made on my Atelier 6 sewing machine. I brought it into work this morning for a service, and it is now going to live in the shop. When I am at home, I am very rarely in the mood to climb to the top floor and sit down to sew. Knitting and crochet are far, far more likely. By bringing the machine into the shop, I will use it, and the rest of the staff can use it too.

The hair band was made from a strip of cotton 10x50cm, and elastic 10cm long by 4cm wide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment