18 November, 2018

Scissors Case


A while back, I made a fuchsia bookmark for my Mam. I've adapted the pattern and am currently making a scissors case and a needle case for her. This is the section I'm stitching onto the back of the scissors case.

The colours being use are all DMC:
dark green - 520
light green - 3364
dark red - 815
light red - 321
dark purple - 327
light purple - 208
grey - 535

Twenty years ago, I laughed at my parents for having to have so many lights on to be able to read. Now, I'm finding myself going the same way. It's dark outside, and it's time to put my cross stitch down until there's good natural light once more. I really am wishing I hadn't used an even weave cross stitch fabric, but an aida instead. The holes are so much easier to see!

It's now time to pick up the hat I have on the needles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment