12 November, 2018

Frogging


"Frogging" is a knitting term. It's what you do when you rip out your knitting, "rip it, rip it, rip it". A few UFOs in my craft room have been frogged. The yarn will be reconditioned (skeined, washed, and dried with a weight on the end), and then used in a new project.

A big difference was made in my craft room when the computer and desk departed. This morning, I have organised all of the yarn in the room. There's now four collapsible crates, 4ply, DK, aran, and chunky. There's also a much smaller box containing lace-weight, some mohair, eyelash yarn, and a ball of  chenille. There's a few balls in the sitting room and also the dining room. Those will be filed away in their proper place when the craft room has bee decluttered.

A friend sent me a 'squishy' (a parcel of quilting fabrics). As there's quilting fabrics I no longer want, it seems a good time to put together squishies for my quilty friends.

It really does feel good bringing order to the chaos. It's also very inspiring, and I have to keep telling myself, "No. Now is not the time to start another project. It's decluttering time." Although I did find a pair of socks. They are a shade off being completed - one toe needs to be grafted, and two ends woven in. Then I'll have another item to add to my charity box.

No comments:

Post a Comment