10 November, 2018

Decluttering the Craft Room


Being ill with coughs, sneezes and wheezes means I have been sleeping in my craft room/guest room. My attention has been drawn to how messy it is, and how messy I don't want it to be!

Work has started on decluttering my craft room. I did it last year, and it is in need of decluttering again. Some of the things saved last year will not make the cut this year. 

Yesterday, I realised that if I get rid of 10 items per day until the new year, I will have parted with over 500 items. This idea pleased me greatly. Then I paused and remembered there's a trip to England to visit the Elder Offspring. There will be a number of days when I can't declutter as I'll be in a different country! Then a little spark of cerebral energy ignited, "Why don't you do a bit extra on some days and set aside clutter and earmark it for decluttering on those days." 

Stuff is leaving the house. Some has been set aside for recycling, some for donation, and some for the rubbish bin. So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment