10 November, 2018

A Fabric-filled Day


Today was my first day up and out of bed after spend two days coughing and spluttering. It's certainly taken it out of me!

This morning, I visited a new place, the Fibre Studio. They offer all sorts of courses, eg knitting crochet, dreamcatchers, weaving, weaving sticks, spinning... I'd like to give weaving a go. The tutor is incredibly into the rustic vibe, and it made me realise how much I like crisp clean colours and precision. However, the techniques will be the same regardless.

The afternoon involved a quick tip to the woollen mill to pick up a metre of the Laxey tartan. This is going to be used to make a hot water bottle cover for my Dad as part of his Christmas present. If my brain is working tomorrow, I shall start work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment