13 July, 2018

Noi Parliamo Italiano


I am buzzing!
Last night,  we went out to the local Italian restaurant to celebrate my birthday (earlier this month). I was talking with two of the waiters, in Italian. They understood me, and I understood them! It wasn’t big complicated stuff, just the little bits like ‘Good evening, a table for 3, please’, “I am learning Italian”, “I would like the duck”, etc.
The lovely tall waiter asked in English when I started learning Italian, and I replied in Italian, ‘marzo’ (March). He was so kind, and said I was speaking the language really well, and was surprised at how well I could speak it given the short time I have been learning. He said he could understand everything I was saying. Talk about a boost! I’m buzzing, buzzing, I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment