31 July, 2018

July Goals - Review


My goals for July were:
  • only consume fizzy drinks at the weekend, or on special days
  • work on City Slickers quilt
  • finish duck quilt
  • work on "Never be cruel. Never ever pears" cross stitch
  • make 5 things

The fizzy drinks goal was a huge failure for the first three weeks. Also consumed was a lot of chocolate and crisps. For the last week, I've had 6 squares of chocolate and two mouthfuls of Coke! I don't know quite what has happened, but I've just stopped, 'cold turkey'.

Whilst my sewing machine was being serviced, I started work on "Never be cruel. Never ever eat pears", and I didn't get back to quilting. Also 10 days straight of headaches made me long for quieter pastimes than machine patchwork and quilting. 

The Ducky quilt has been progressed, but it isn't yet finished. My aim is to finish it by Tuesday, so I can show it off as a finished project at Quilters. The pond section has been quilted, and the binding has been put on. It needs the binding hand sewn on the reverse, and the ducks and clouds quilted.

"Never be cruel. Never ever eat pears" is progressing nicely. Almost all of the circular Gallifreyan has been stitched - just half a circle to do. Then it's on to the text.


No comments:

Post a Comment