07 July, 2018

Clafoutis - Fruit Tutti


A group I'm in has a recipe of the month, and this month it's Clafoutis. I'e gone way, way off-piste, and come up with my own recipe. The standard recipe produces something more akin a slightly sponge-y custard, and the Beloved does not like custard. By using my pancake recipe, it's made a gooey cakey thing instead. I call it 'Fruiti Tutti'.

Ingredients
2 cups SR gluten-free flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
milk to mix
soft fruit

Method
Pre-heat the oven to 200C.

Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl, add in the egg and some milk. Add enough milk to make a medium thick batter. 

Pour the batter into a greased dish (30x20cm), and drop in fruit. Cook for around 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.

Notes
Left to right, I used strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. It was served hot with cream. There were mutterings of 'Yeah, this is nice', but I didn't get the impression they would want me to nae a fresh batch for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment