09 May, 2018

Sewing Day

Today's big plan was to make a wrap skirt using fabric I bought two or three years ago, or perhaps even more. I was thwarted by the idea of changing the settings on my sewing machine. Being mid-quilt, I just did not want to do it. The fabric has been laid out and is in a nice little holding pattern until the top of the quilt has been completed. When that happens I'll be making two skirts, some trousers and a scarf.

Instead, more progress was made on the quilt. There is a advantage to be had by making the block with the yellow at the centre. You don't have to worry about all the additional blocks around sides to make it symmetrical. Sixteen of the full blocks have been made, seventeen centres for the full blocks, and seventeen edge blocks. The bits of 8 other edge blocks are on the table, ready to sew tomorrow. I'll also cut and sew the remain edge blocks. Friday might well be the day to create the remaining seven centres for the full blocks, and the weekend will see the completion of all of the blocks.

My plan (it's not a cunning plan, just a plan) is to take all of the blocks along to Quilters on Tuesday evening. This will give me the space to lay out all of the blocks, and 'test drive' the placement.


No comments:

Post a Comment