04 May, 2018

Me Made May18


"Me-Made-May'18 (#MMMay18 for social media interaction) is a challenge designed to encourage people who sew/knit/crochet/refashion/upcycle garments for themselves to wear and love them more. This challenge works on both a personal and community level. The participants decide the specifics of their own challenge, so that the month is appropriate and challenging for them (more on this below), and aim to fullfil that pledge for the duration of May 2018. Some participants also choose to document their challenge photographically (though this is in no way compulsory for taking part) and share them with other participants."

I only found out about this today, but I'm up for it. My challenge is to wear something I made, or adapted, each of the remaining days in May, and to make some more clothing. Items I have planned are re-working I navy linen wrap skirt, and to make a pair of summer trousers. 

Today, I'm wearing black head to toe, apart from my Sea Foam Shawl.  Looking back at previous blog posts, I can't see any photographs of the finished shawl. I'll correct this in the next few days and post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment