31 May, 2018

First Bed Planted/Seeded

The first annexed raised bed has been planted/sewn. Standing with my back to Cat's front door, there's a few onion sets (tops just peeking up), and in amongst the onions, there's radish seeds. Next up are butternut squash seed, and 5 lettuce plants. These ones are 'come and pick again' types. You harvest just what you need from the outer leaves, rather than taking off the head. And the last one, right in the corner is a tomato tumbler.

I suspect the bed along with garden wall will get some butternut squash, onions, and nasturtiums. The central one will become sugar pea central, and I've no idea about the last one.

It's at times like this I really enjoy the vanilla and oatmeal soap I made. The oats give it just a little edge of 'extra' to get at the dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment