14 March, 2018

Zig Zag Blanket: Progress Report


A progress photograph of my Optical Illusion Zig Zag Blanket. I bought the yarn on Saturday and played around with various ideas. Then on Monday I actually started work on it. 

I'm working at about 5 rows per day, and this takes me through one cycle of colour. This is pace is to protect my shoulders, hands and wrists from being over-used. 

Each row is made of but one colour, and every tenth stitch dips down to two rows below. This gives a rather interesting optical illusion of zig zags where there are none.

When I started this blanket it hadn't fully clicked that I would only be working from right to left, and the yarn would be cut at the end of each row. This results in a huge number of ends. Thankfully, I've found a way to crochet in the starting end at the right hand side, so there's now only one end per row to deal with.

Mistakes from the past have been noted, and I have learned! The ends are being woven in very promptly. Three cycles of colour have been crocheted through, and there's only one end to be woven it. It will be easier to do this when it isn't the top row. I'll weave it in tomorrow when I've worked a few more rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment