15 March, 2018

Decluttering Recipe Books


At the end of January last year, the decluttering task was to weed out the unused recipe books. This was done, but I suspect I may have some more that can leave the house. There are a few books I haven't touched since completing the task last year. 

I'm a good home cook, and I don't use recipes a great deal. Generally, I use recipes for baking (apart from pancakes, sponge cakes and shortbread). Getting the proportions right is vital for good baking, although I do experiment quite a bit. When it comes to savoury dishes, the exact amounts aren't generally so vital. The last time I used a recipe for a new savoury dish was a month ago, and it wasn't from a book, but on-line. 

Way back in 1991, I start compiling my personal cookery book. Twenty seven  years later, the book is falling apart. Some of the tried and tested recipes of a quarter of a century ago aren't tingling my taste buds in the way they were. There was a lovely dish, Orange Glazed Chicken, which used marmalade as the basis for the glaze (with added orange juice, garlic and ground coriander seeds). Sadly, it's too sweet now. It's time to edit and purge my collected recipes and move them on-line. It is also time to have a look at my recipes here and on Pintrest and whittle out the ones I don't want any more.


No comments:

Post a Comment