07 March, 2018

A Blizzard of Hair!

This is not Ava, but a random Huskie and his 'shadow'.
Oh my! When I was growing up we had dogs, and I thought I knew that I was in for with regards to shedding. And I was wrong, totally and utterly wrong!

It started with a few more hairs than normal, then tufts started coming away. Currently, Ava's thick winter undercoat has mostly been shed, but it is being held in place by the longer guard hairs. Today, I have groomed her four times, and had to stop, not because the grooming had been completed, but to give her a rest from all of the physical attention. Each time there was the equivalent of a football-sie cloud of Ava-hair. Some of this has been stuffed into a net (formerly used to hold lemons) and it's now outside, ready for any nest-building birds to come and use for nest lining.

Tomorrow we start again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment