07 January, 2018

Garden Decluttering


One of the main things I have learned from last year's decluttering in the house has been the importance of breaking down a huge job into much smaller ones, and then biting off a small chunk at a time. Other things learned have been 'Make it a little better', and the importance of tidying things away at the end of the chunk of work.

There is so very much that needs to be done in the garden to make it the space I want it to be. Ava is very happy with things the way they are: I want to be as happy with space as she is. 

The whole thing is rather overwhelming. However, there's a pile of builder's rubble behind the shed. It's manageable; I can see myself being able to deal with this area. This is where I'm concentrating my activities. Once the rubble has been tossed into the planter beside it, and the brick pavers have been moved up close to the house, I'll be able to move the shed and create much more space for getting on with the next stage. I am capable of moving more than 2 pavers at a time, but if I do that the chances are I'll hurt myself. IT's far better for me to make many little journeys with a small load than being out of action.  

No comments:

Post a Comment