28 January, 2018

Charity Knitting Begins


A while back, there was a collection of socks and knickers for refugees in France and Greece. I made a few pairs of socks. The organiser of the collection was utterly delighted, and asked if I had been the one who knitted all of the hats in a previous collection. Yup, that was me. She said that for any future collections, I could knit what ever I wanted as my creations were so beautiful, well made and practical. Rather heady praise!

Last night I needed a little project that could be worked on in very low light levels, and so I cast on these Ribbed Wrist Warmers. I've made six pairs already, and the recipients have all commented on warmth and fit. The design is very simple, and the ribbing means they fit a wide variety of hand sizes.

Pattern: Ribbed Wrist Warmers
Yarn: Misty DK
Company: James C Brett
Composition: Acrylic 80%, Viscose 20%
Colour: 82 (light grey)
Size: Adult
Needles: 4mm
Amount used: 
Started: 27th January 2018
Finished: 29th January 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment