23 January, 2018

Coke Bottle Cake



We have guests coming for dinner. It is roast chicken, boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli, red cabbage, lingon berry sauce and gravy. For pudding, there's a baked cheesecake topped with raspberries, and also a Coke Bottle Cake

I saw the Coke Bottle Cake on How to Cook That, and thought I'd give it a try. Yup. I've tried it, and once is enough! It was a nightmare getting it out of the mould.

It all starts off with a plastic Coke Bottle and a very sharp knife. The label is removed, and the bottle cut in half from the area where the label was. After washing and drying the bottle, it's given a bit of melted white chocolate at the neck, and then later some dark (or milk) chocolate for the body. Foolishly, I didn't think about how much chocolate I would need. It ended up being half a kilo! When the bottle was set it was removed from the mould, and I filled it with ganache and a chocolate marble cake. The two halves were joined, and the label re-attached to hide the join.

It was so much work, and I don't think it justifies the amount of effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment