22 April, 2020

Virtual Travel Blog - Day 2


(Inhales deeply) Last night's sleep was a great deal more restful than the previous night's. I'm up and raring to go. I've made some pancakes for the Beloved for when he wakes, and now I'm off to explore. As the cake, coffee and craft session is near the cathedral I'm going to head in that general direction and pootle around in the cathedral gardens until  Miju Wools opens.



A nice bit of Gothic architecture always makes me happy. Another thing that makes me happy is when people provide gluten-free nom-noms! There's lemon drizzle cake on offer this morning, along with equally glorious, but not quite so tasty yarn from the West Yorkshire Spinners.

Knitters, crocheters and crafters will always have something to chat about. We talked about various different knitting techniques, and a load of other stuff random subjects too.

Back at the apartment, The Beloved was in the middle of making bacon sandwiches. Very soon it was accompanied by a lovely pot of Earl Grey, hot, with lemon. This man knows me so well!

After lunch we had a little wander around the Quays. I don't often buy from these shops, but it's nice to see what I don't want to buy. Then, after dinner we headed to the cinema and watched the new Artemis Fowl film. It was good, but it only bore a passing resemblance to the books. This rather disappointed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment