10 September, 2018

Changing Shape

August was the month when I really started making a difference in the food I eat. I'm still falling into bad habits and eating things that are not what I really want to eat, but what I'm eating now is so much better than what I was eating in July. And what I was eating in July was better than in May, etc.

This month, I have been concentrating on exercise. My plan has been to increase the amount of exercise in a gradual manner, and to aim for consistency. Each morning and evening, I've been cycling and lifting hand weights. The cycling has increased in 1 minute increments daily. Although, I was unable to cycle last night due to joint pain. I'm going to absorb those 9 missed minutes into today's cycling. I've already nibbled away 6 and a half minutes, and will add the missing 2 and a half minutes to this evening's cycling.

Lifting hand weights is rather new to me, and I started with 10 repetitions of two exercises on the 1st of September.  There are arm curls and shoulder presses. After a few days, I realised 10 repetitions didn't feel like work. I increased the number of repetitions by 3 each day. I'm now at 30, and the last 3 shoulder presses are a bit of a killer! I'll stick at 30 for the next little while. When things start getting easy, I'll add in a different exercise to work my arms, shoulders and back in a slightly different way. 

This morning I came across this quote, "Don't wait until you've achieved your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of yourself for every step you take towards your goal." I am proud of myself. The last few months have seen a number of steps towards a healthier lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment