22 September, 2018

20lb Down


At the end of July, I decided to do something about my risk of developing diabetes. There's a strong family history, and I don't want to become another statistic. I've switched to eating real foods, with a little processing as possible.

Juices, sweets, chocolate, crisps, sauces, starchy veggies and grains... they have gone, and I'm eating good, wholesome, nourishing food.  Since ditching sugary stuff, I'm so much fuller, and I don't have cravings. It's rather brilliant.  It's cheaper too. I've lost 20lb in weight. And, I feel so much better. Once I lose 2 stones I'll visit my doctor and ask for a repeat of various tests I had done last year. I'm very interested in comparing the results.

----

I love the image at the top. A woman is running off the weight, but as she runs her clothing gets smaller and smaller.  I wonder what the metabolic pathway is for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment