30 April, 2018

Train Smoker


We saw one of these fabulous machines yesterday. It's a giant bbq machine! You'll never guess where the smoke and steam come from!  Well, that's probably a rather erroneous declaration. The steam and smoke obviously come out of the funnel.

The most amazing smells were coming from it; so much better than a plain of bbq grill. It really has the wow factor. As well as great cooking smell, it's a wonderful contraption to look at.  I'm a fan of exposed engineering. I love old motorbikes, and devices where you can see how they work. A machine fit for purpose, well built, and showing off its engineering is a delight to me.

One of the women working at the bbq train was also looking after five children. Two were little, and strapped in a pushchair, and the other three were on seats in close, but safe proximity to the train. There were spare seating beside the children, and we sat there to eat out ice creams. The children engaged us in conversation. The first question was "Is that a wolf or a dog?" We explained Ava is a dog who looks a bit like a wolf, but she's very soft and gentle. However, she can get a bit bark-y around other dogs.

I was asked 'Are you the mummy?' The Younger Offspring was asked 'Are you the nanny?' We presumed they were asking if YO was the person who looks after children rather than being a grandparent. I explained YO is my baby. Then the Beloved came over with our ice creams and he was declared to be 'the Daddy'. I introduced Ava as 'the cat'. The children looked at me in a very confused way. People often have the reaction around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment