14 April, 2018

Soap-making


Behold! My very first bar of soap. It's a melt-and-soup soap. There's three layers. The top is the soap medium with ground up oats. The middle is has vanilla added, and the bottom is also vanilla with brown colouring added.

Let's just say, I learned stuff. The new jug I bought for melting the soap in melted. If you leave the soap in the microwave too long it boils. Thankfully, I haven't had experience of burning soap. From all accounts, it's not something I want to experience! 

Another thing I have learned is how difficult it is to get a good brown using red, blue and green. It's also more likely to come out looking like poo. The mould I used (a small food storage box) was on the big side. Smaller bars of soap are easier to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment