27 April, 2018

Conjugate Your Way Out of That!


In the latest lesson, we were learning about time, and prepositions. Suddenly a whole host of possibilities opened out ahead of me. 

We were set homework of writing out our day, hour by hour, and saying what we are doing. Things were rather normal, until I reached 4pm, and then I went to the moon, in a rocket. But, I was back home in plenty of time to cook dinner at 5, and then eat it at 6pm. 

Having the class, and then completing my homework immediately afterwards sent my brain into a series of loops. I was getting it. I new what I wanted to say, and it was coming, and then suddenly, I was derailed because I don't yet have the vocabulary. Dictionaries were consulted, and I managed to add in some interesting words. 

The conjugations were coming along nicely, but they wouldn't stop. At bedtime my poor brain was still racing round in circles, conjugating any verb it happened across. This was incredibly annoying, but it's a very good sign. The new information is now sticking, and my brain is craving more and more. It's shouting, screaming 'Feed me! Feed me, now!'

No comments:

Post a Comment