22 February, 2018

A Little Excitement in Life


It was getting way too boring to be posting near-identical lists of the things I have been doing around the house. Thankfully as routines become established the need to think about them becomes less and less.

Instead, I'll speak of today's excitement. It is a striped chocolate cheesecake. The recipe is a variation on my vanilla cheesecake. Everything proceeds as normal until the cheesecake mixture has been made. Split the mixture in half, into two bowls. Add powdered drinking chocolate to one bowl, and stir really well. Next, pour some of the chocolate mixture onto the centre of the biscuit base. Then some vanilla, and alternate between the two until it has all be used. Bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool for a while, and top with chocolate ganache. I used 170ml of double cream, and 170g of milk chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. 

The other tiny bit of excitement is I have started my preparation for IronMay. This year, the whole family has decided to join in. We will be entering the team category. Previously, I have been entered as an individual. The Elder Offspring regularly walks a couple of miles each day to and from work. The rest of us are walking more since the arrival of Ava.  The Younger Offspring and I will be responsible for the cycling portion. I have done no cycling in months, and a plan has been devised to prepare my 'little botty' for the hours I would be sitting cycling. I started off with one minute of cycling, morning and evening, followed by one squat. Today is the 5th day, and both are getting easier, and botty is not complaining. At this rate, I'll be cycling 42 minutes (morning and evening) each day by the the end of March. According the IronMay organisers, 4 minutes equates to 1 mile. This will give me 21 miles each day! I don't know if I'll be able to keep this up, but I'm going to try. April will be the swimming month. I'll see about going swimming twice a week, and build up to swimming one mile at a time. The Elder Offsping regularly swims about half a mile a week. She is going to try to increase this to a mile a week. My goal is for us to be able to complete 4 slow triathlons within the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment