04 February, 2018

Getting Back on the Horse


I don't know quite what has happened. I've never really been able to get routines to stick, and I do so need them to stick. It would be wonderful to live in a house where things are normally looking rather presentable. Currently, things start slipping, and when they have really slup, THEN I do something about it.

It's time to climb back on that horse and start doing the very basics again. For me, these are:
  • get dressed
  • make bed
  • walk Ava
  • make Ava's breakfast
  • put on a load of laundry
  • quick tidy of the kitchen
  • check the menu to see if action is needed for dinner
  • quick tidy of the sitting room
  • dry laundry
  • fold laundry 
  • put away laundry
  • declutter/organise for 15 minutes
  • prepare dinner
  • take dirty mugs, plates and glasses through to the kitchen
  • lay out clothes for the morning
  • get in pjs
  • put dirty clothes in laundry basket, and air clothes that can be worn again
  • check my calendar for upcoming events
  • sit in bed and craft whilst listening to an audio book

My plan is to follow this routine every day for the rest of the month, and probably next month too. I've managed it before, and I can do it again. These things need to be second nature to me, It needs to happen without thought or consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment